Monday, April 18, 2011

The Power of Jars

Way to millions needs self discipline and perseverance. See, we are all capable of earning the money that we want, the problem is specially for Filipinos they tend to spend away what they just earned. In tagalog "Dadaan lang sa palad". We haven't practiced and enlarged our psychological wallet. But what is psychological wallet means? This is your way of thinking on how you can handle a certain amount. If for example your current psychological wallet is just Php 5,000, tendency is when you are able to get money much higher than 5k, your tendency is to spend the excess away and maintain only 5k. Personally, I am experiencing this dilemma. When I got the opportunity to have several thousands of pesos from my bonuses and 13th month pay last Christmas, I tend to cram up because I cant handle that huge amount. My mind automatically programmed that I should buy this, buy that which should not be the case. My mind and pocket just want to maintain few thousands and throw away the excess. I am thankful that I am introduced to maintaining several jars for several purposes. Try to see my post for some details. Now I am on my 2nd month on this, and boy! it really makes a difference. Before, every time I receive my pay, I tend to think what are the things to be paid. But now, before I think about the things to be paid, I set aside money first for the said jars. I am slowly increasing my psychological wallet and next time, literally increasing the amount I can set aside into my wallet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Modern Warfare 3